Saturday, September 7, 2013

back in the saddle

It's been a while, and I was starting to think that I might just let this blog gather dust...but armed with a nifty little toy (an iPad mini), I'm thinking I may be able to do some short and (hopefully) sweet posts in the months to come.

Last night I made a first pass at a sleeve for the iPad...it was a bit of a bust since I just made it up as I went and it turned out too small.  All of my brain energy is going elsewhere right now, so I really need patterns.

A little fabric love for my work life: made a clutch/sleeve for my new iPad mini, pattern by schoolhouse patterns on etsy.

Second try was a success! I used the iPad mini clutch pattern from schoolhouse patterns' etsy shop...it was just the ticket, and includes a little front pocket perfect for my VGA adapter, or any accessory you want to keep close at hand.  http://schoolhousepatterns.wordpress.com/. Highly recommended! As you can see, some of my current teaching -- Victorian women's ghost stories -- is impacting my fabric choices.

Finally, I'm taking the plunge and "claiming" my blog on bloglovin'...an action that still seems bizarre to me, but here it goes...


Wontchna please

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

                                                             Thanks!


3 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Good to see you back, and great job on the I pad pouch!
I don't understand the whole blog login thing either, but have also "claimed" mine :)

Kristin said...

I blog from my IPAD with blog touch an ap I paid 4.99 for. It works great and the pictures are easy to insert, I blogged about it a few weeks ago @p8ntingmom.blogspot.com. I was so excited because the home computerized have is terribly slow and I use my IPAD for everything. My husband calls the dog the IPAD orphan.

Little Island Quilting said...

You can't disappear...I read your blog!!