Wednesday, July 20, 2011

That's what she said.

I prefer firm to floppy


                                                                                                                        for English paper piecing.


I'm impatient, so I'll take what I can get


                                                                            while waiting for my new Hexalong supplies to arrive.



It's much bigger than I thought it would be


                                                                                           but it works for AMH's "Loulouthi."


I guess I'll need a bigger box


                                                                                                 for my Hexalong supplies! 

Come on now.

I can't keep this up. 

For some reason I'm finding it hard (no, really!) not to sound like a Benny Hill skit when writing about the Hexalong.

I'd better shut it and just leave you with some photos.













15 comments:

Judith, Belfast said...

These are gorgeous! Loving the larger scale. You could get a quilt done much quicker with these! Jxo

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thanks so much, Judith!! I really like these too....

Sue said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous Prof! I need to get a wriggle on with mine. I've got the fabric and cut some papers out....

Annabella said...

Big but beautiful - they are looking fabulous!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Awww, thank you, thank you. My will power will be put to the test today, because I have so much work to do...and yet the siren call of Loulouthi lures me back to EPP...yikes.

VivJM said...

Ooh, I am loving these BIG hexies...and especially intrigued by the "Fairy Tale Science" book I spotted on your bookshelf in the background lol

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thank you, Viv.

I didn't think about what would be visible in the background, but it can be so fun to scan other people's bookshelves :)

Fairy Tale Science: Monstrous Generation in the Tales of Straparola and Basile is a fabulous book on Renaissance Italian fairy tales and scientific theories (yes, they do intersect!) by my friend and colleague Suzanne Magnanini -- highly recommended. It is an academic book, but it really (REALLY) is a fun read. If only that could be said that of all monographs...!

Little Island Quilting said...

These are fab!

Catherine said...

These look great - you have really got a move on, I have done one so far!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thanks, everyone, for all this feedback. I appreciate it more than you know :)

And having notifications about new blog comments makes my long, long day at the computer so much sweeter!

Isisjem said...

These are so pretty. That fabric range is obviously made for this hexalong!

WandaFish said...

Sarah @ Pings & Needles sent me over to look at your gorgeous Loulouthi hexies - so glad she did! They look fabulous :)
I also love how your Mystery Quilt is shaping up. I'm still hoping to tag along with that and was thinking of using Loulouthi for it.

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thank you, Isis and Wanda. It's so, so nice to get this feedback. And Wanda, I hope you do join in with the Mystery Quilt; I would *love* to see what you do with Loulouthi in those blocks!!

Cille said...

Oh wow.... Your hexagons are stunning. Simply stunning.

Live a Colorful Life said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! I have only worked with small hexies but now I want to make some larger ones!