Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday morning

When everything in adult life seems a bit daunting, stressful or unrewarding, it's nice to tune into the energy of a cat.  On Sunday, Penelope basked in sunlight, and nuzzled recently-completed quilts.



And then I had to go and stick a camera in her face.



She did go back to sleep.  She's good at that.

This morning, I turned to something manageable before tackling the challenges of the week.  I caught up on the blocks for bluepatchquilter's Mystery Quilt. 

First I made the HST star from week (or really fortnight) 3:


And then I made the two Ohio Stars assigned for session 4:



I am now all caught up with this fun quilt-along.


I hope this sets the tone for the days to come -- and that everyone is finding something rewarding to do at the start of this week!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

What a great start to your week - these blocks are fab - I love the fabric and just know it is going to be a gorgeous quilt. Loving Penelope too, cats always find the quilts don't they?

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thank you so much, Sheila -- I can't wait to see wait you in store for us....

And Penelope appreciates the love. She always manages to find the quilts, the sunshine, and the laps :)

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Very pretty. Isn't it nice to start out in a pleasing way? My Monday morning started with a flood in our small town...but thankfully no one was hurt. I like your start much better.

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Oh my goodness -- the severe weather this year definitely puts other of life's stresses in perspective. I'm glad to hear no one was hurt! And thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!