Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday catch-up

No sewing today, but documentation of FOs can use some catch-up work, so today's post is All Business.  Here we go:

Miss F wore a Mod Kid "Frida" dress -- and although I'm linking Patty Young's website, I think the Frida pattern is OOP (sadly).  This is the 2nd "Frida" dress I've made (so far), but one that I don't think I have ever photographed.

It's a little crumpled, and I think both F and I were feeling a little impatient during our photo shoot, but you get the idea:


Cute, huh?

I have to say again that I love this pattern: it is sized very generously (the 2T is still roomy on our tall 2 1/2 year-old) and is easy to get on and off, the pattern itself has great instructions and lots of possibilities for variation...seeing her in this dress today makes me want to make another one (or two!).


And of course the pattern has the best name ever!!
 
Next: I finally photographed the finished "Links" quilt, a gift for our friends W and L.  Again, I'm not sure today's photos do justice to the object itself....


Despite looking a bit crumpled here, this quilt really did finish nicely.  I quilted it in a big, loose version of stippling, and it is very soft.  The backing is a combination of the dark grey solid, some "Nest" paisley, and repro kitty print that the recipients will appreciate.



Finally: I recently made one of the more ambitious blocks for the Farmer's Wife sampler quilt: it is block #65, "Peaceful Hours" -- and it took two attempts to get it right.  After 11 blocks worth of good experiences with the FW templates, I ended up using foundation piecing for this one.


So that's about it.  It is a slow, hot, sleepy day....

4 comments:

Linni said...

Ahh your peaceful hours is gorgeous and so is your little one. what a cutie.
Loving the green dot too, got a bit of a dot thing going haven't we...LOL

verykerryberry said...

What a cute dress- love that gathered pocket! And block 65- I hate foundation piecing but it is worth it for the precision, looks excellent, especially the polkas

Kim Brackett said...

An absolutely adorable dress -- and little princess. I can see why you want to make more.

Your links quilt looks so cozy and ready for someone to wrap up in. The colors are wonderful. And the Farmer's Wife block is so perfectly pieced! I can't wait for my book to get here!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thank you all for the sweet comments on the dress, quilt, and FW block.