There's news around here!
(1) book manuscript: submitted! Yay! This is, of course, the biggest news of all :)
(2) Janome: working again! It didn't need a repair, after all -- just some skillful adjustments by my sewing machine dealer. This is very good news in terms of work-life-craft balance and general sanity.
(3) sewing: lots of it! I have had a couple of evening of frenzied sewing, making up for lost time.
First off, I made little Frida two pairs of much-needed school pants, neither of which I can show here since one pair -- light blue twill, flannel lined, with Kokka print patch pockets -- is in the wash, and the other -- periwinkle corduroy -- is currently in use. I will try to document these soon.
I also finished up my third version of the ModKids "Frida" dress (have to love that name!), which had been languishing in a half-assembled state for several months. This probably won't enter wardrobe rotation until springtime, but here it is, made from Jennifer Paganelli's "Loopy Vintage Floral" with Kaffe Fassett shot cotton for the bodice lining, side ties, and skirt trim.
Buoyed by my finishes, the first in ages, I whipped up a little scarf for myself -- following last winter's tutorial on Twin Fibers, and finally dipping into my stash of Little Folks voile.
This was probably the quickest sewing project I have ever had -- and I have a feeling that I will be getting a lot of wear out of it. Please excuse the reflected clutter; I think it's about time to retire the Halloween buntings and birthday balloons!
I finished assembling and trimming the blocks for my son's new quilt, which I hadn't touched since September 30 (thank you, blogger archive).
Honestly, I'm a bit tired of green -- but these fabrics were my son's choices, so on I go! I have yardage of the stripey/cross-hatch print (Moda "Origins") in shades of yellow and green for the quilt back, but I do wish that I had bought a flannel instead. Hmmm.
And finally, a little time spent organizing my pattern box revealed some forgotten treasures, like this drunkard's path template set.
These are great: they are really hard acrylic with a kind of papery-textured back (very little slipping), it's easy to manoeuvre the rotary cutter around them, and they are also perfect for charm squares. What a nice discovery!
I cut up a charm pack of Oliver + S "City Weekend" (again, something that has been sitting in my stash for quite a while)...and I will pair these up with DP pieces in kona snow: I have a plan!
And along the way I will a chance to try out my Curvemaster sewing machine foot, which I have also had for a few months, without having had the time to use it.
Now off to care for my feverish -- but very cheerful -- littlest one.
I hope November is off to a good start for all of you!