I am in the middle of grading writing from my fourth-year undergrad seminar, which has been great fun (I'm happy to report!), but I started my Monday morning by assembling four new Farmer's Wife blocks, the pieces for which I cut (from the templates) last night.
|block 59, |
|block 60 Noon & Light|
|block 76, Sawtooth|
|block83, Spider Web|
111 blocks is looking like a pretty realistic goal. I have been learning so much from making these traditional blocks -- many of which I never would have made (they wouldn't have appealed to me, at first glance)...if not for the challenge of this project. So on I go.
I am almost embarrassed to admit that I also finished my second little "whole cloth" project for my Saturday hand quilting class at the workroom. Once I start, I just can't stop!
This one is also destined to be a pillow, and this time I worked with some of the perle cotton (one rich tangerine, and one variegated tangerine) acquired last year.
|...please excuse the slapdash thread basting.|
Good thing my order arrived today from Tristan threads!!!!
I am giddy over these beauties: grab bags of Aurifil cotton in 28 wt (close in feel to the Valdani thread I worked with last week) and 12 wt. I can hardly wait to start something new. But wait I must.
Have a wonderful day!