Thursday, October 18, 2012

living offline

I feel like I should apologize for my absence from this online space...but also feel a little strange doing so, since that implies that there are readers out there waiting in eager anticipation of what I might sew and write next (!).  I doubt very highly that this is the case...!

But still, there has been a lot happening here that I have not documented because I simply haven't had much time to blog. Work is keeping me extremely busy and has also required a lot of time online (that's what happens, I guess, when you choose to write about craft and social networking -- it starts to feel like work rather than play). I am finding myself cherishing every spare moment and using that time away from the computer....

So I'll be back soon, sharing some projects as per usual.  But for now, I am going to use the remains of my self-imposed 30 minute break from grading to knit.  Oh, on that note maybe I can offer you some crafty eye candy, indirectly. 

I'm playing with this delightful book, written by two men I'd love to hang out with (they're being added to the list of invitees to my hypothetical Very Fun Party, a game my husband and I have been playing for years) -- but I suppose I will need to learn Norwegian first:



You can fall in love with them too: watch them here and here.

5 comments:

Lesly said...

I completely lost track of the fact that you were researching social networking and quilting! Argh! Do you need any more participants?

Sue said...

Life is like that.....and we all know how busy things can get!

Annabella said...

Well I miss you although Knitting is my nemesis!

Nic said...

Glad to hear you're using your down time well :)
Look forward to seeing all you've been making when you get more time and want to show them off

quirky granola girl said...

i'm totally into knitting tiny things...but 2 or 3 color knitting and i don't get along. so i'll just watch and enjoy your work :)