Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pony Club obsession

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! I miss U.S. Thanksgiving -- it is a much bigger holiday there than it is in Canada (where we celebrate over a month earlier) and I always enjoyed it.

Anyway, onwards....I am a blogger of little motivation these days, at least where writing posts is concerned...overworked and overtired, but thankful for the good things in my life and in the world.

I have found lots of happiness this week stitching up more blocks for the Farmer's Wife Pony Club sampler.  This project continues to obsess me (along with a couple of knitting projects -- but that's a topic for another day). And I'm approaching the making of blocks as I did with the Farmer's Wife project: gathering templates, selecting and cutting fabrics for a few blocks at a time, and then stitiching those into blocks when I can find another window of time.


21 blocks for #ponyclubsampler. This may be my favorite project EVER!!
Through a very busy week I have somehow added 15 blocks to the stack, bringing my total to 22.  I took this group shot a couple of days ago, when I was at 21 blocks.  It's all a blur, really; I don't know how I pieced that much this week.

















It just happened...somehow...a direct reflection of my enthusiasm for this project, which ranks currently as my all-time favourite.  

I am so obsessed that I have been repeatedly supplementing ("enhancing") my Pony Club stash (in contrast to the FW quilt, which drew exclusively from fabrics I already owned -- up to the last dozen blocks or so, when I bought some gingham!).

So I must admit that Stash Love -- my vow to work with stashed lovelies only, up to Valentine's Day -- is being renegotiated.  Blame my Pony Club infatuation. Happily it is bringing me lots of joy.


A quick shout out to those of you with overflowing scrap bins: 
If you happen to have any Ruby Star or other Kokka scraps looking for a home, I would be delighted to swap for fabric from my own stash.  I am especially keen on finding a couple of those Ruby Star ladies to fussy-cut for a future Pony Club block....


Okay, so without any more delay, here are this week's blocks and a group shot from a couple of days ago -- names of individual blocks are included in my flickr photostream (click on a photo), but I feel that for now I have said quite enough.  A very happy evening to you all!


pony club: "clover blossom"

pony club: "children's delight"

pony club: "cowboy's star"

pony club: "at the depot"

pony club: "arizona"

pony club: "bright hopes"

pony club: "best of all"

pony club: "basket of flowers"

pony club: "betty's delight"

pony club: "colt's corral"

pony club: "best friend"

pony club: "bird's eye view"

pony club: "boy's playmate"

pony club: "broken heart" (might re-do)

pony club: "county fair" (a favourite)

4 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Oh, they're wonderful!! I think you must have been sewing in your sleep...

Claudia said...

I love all of these! Really spectacular. I'm enjoying your progress vicariously ... meaning I don't think I'm ever going to get to this quilt myself.

Annabella said...

It's coming together quickly Jennifer - lovely and colorful!

LizA. said...

What a beautiful rainbow of blocks. I can see why you love making them so much--each block has its own unique personality.

I did find my large bag of FW fabrics and blocks and even moved it to the rental yesterday.....our house sold in 19 days and we are moving one carload at a time to a short term rental.......and so it goes. I definitely have too much fabric, alas, none of what you are looking for......