Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Farewell October!

Fresh Sewing Day

It's Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts and time for a fresh start chez Bobbin.

I'm happy to say goodbye to October: it was a hectic, busy, stressful month...and in just a few days time my book manuscript will be out of my hands. I can hardly wait!! November promises to be a happy month.

Today is a day of reckoning...so what did I stitch up in October? Not nearly as much as I would have liked, and certainly no big finishes, but a few little things nevertheless.

I started (another) handsewing/English paper piecing project, perfect for the conference travel we had to do at the beginning of the month:



I'm up to 15 hexagons in this project, and I am going to keep working (slowly) on it...on those rare evening when my hubby and I can watch television!

In October I made a few blocks for the Farmer's Wife QAL, imperfectly pieced on my 1947 Singer Featherweight, but cheerful nonetheless:






And finally, a few days ago I jumped into Lynne's Dead Simple QAL by piecing a Little Apples charm pack with a few coodinating stash fabrics:


I have some Little Apples yardage and Riley Blake red patterned flannel on  order for a border and backing fabric, respectively.  The end product will be a nap quilt for the littlest one.

Now to some gratuitous Halloween cuteness (October ended with a bang!).

Here is Frida as a pink bunny rabbit:






Her Daddy was a magician:



And her best friend dressed as Ramone (our black cat):



I hope November brings us all peace, joy and creativity!

10 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the Halloween photos - so cute! Love, love, love your diamonds project, another one for my list ;o)

Rosa said...

The halloween photos are lovely!!.


You`re playing with Farmer wife quilt and I with Dear Jane.
How many little blocks has FWQ ?and mesure?thanks

LizA. said...

Love your little apples dead simple QAL. What a bright, cheery quilt. Your little bunny is just too cute for words. I love the picture with Mr. Magician.

Annabella said...

The picture of Frida with her daddy is too cute. Love the placement of your blocks in the DS quilt top Jennifer and you are doing so well with the Farmer`s Wife. Hope November is quieter for you!

Pomona said...

I can't believe how much you have done - it really puts me to shame! My Farmer's Wife has come to a halt - I had a bad afternoon with some hand sewing and I have just lost the impetus. Maybe after Christmas . . .

Pomona x

Catherine said...

looks like you had a very productive month: those halloween pictures are sooo cute

Sheila said...

I think you have produced lots for a busy month!!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

love the dead simple quilt along pic! lovely!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thank you, everyone, for your generous comments! I truly appreciate them.

Still a Brooklyn Kid said...

Everyone wants to know: when are you going to start making ruffles?