Monday, July 18, 2011

FWQAL week 7

It has been a week-and-a-half since I last dipped into my copy of The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt book, so last night after the little one's bedtime I pieced together 4 more blocks for the quilt-along: 3 keepers and 1 that I would like to re-do.

First off, here is my favourite block of the week -- maybe my favourite so far: block 29, Economy:


I used two of my favourite fabrics, including my most beloved tumbling triangles -- a repro feedsack print (now discontinued) by Glenna Hailey.

Next up is block 21, Contrary Wife, where I cut into a new-to-me Joel Dewberry FQ from my recent trip to Sew Sisters -- which is a really lovely little shop in the north of Toronto.  I had never been there before last week because it is way, way, way off my beaten track...but luckily they are having a Free Shipping week, so you need not trek out there just to sample their wares.

Anyway, here is Contrary Wife:



Next up is block 23, Country Farm, featuring another of my recently purchased FQs, a red polka-dotty print of unknown origin:


And finally, here is evidence that the late hour and hurried sewing did take a toll: here's my attempt at block 25, Cups & Saucers, which merits a re-do.


Here's the week's group shot; let's call it 3 1/2 blocks.


2 comments:

Camille said...

I love every single one of these! Just lovely!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thank you so much, Camille!