Friday, July 15, 2011

made with love for Ms. H

Ms. H is our littlest one's teacher in toddler Montessori and our whole family adores her!  Ms. H is starting her well-deserved summer break today, and I made her a gift.


This quilt actually caused me some headaches...but I don't want to dwell on those at all, because I am so happy with the final result, and really hope that Ms. H loves it!

The basic design is yet another project from Kim Brackett's wonderful book Scrapbasket Sensations, although I made several changes -- some accidental (my blocks are spinning counter-clockwise; oops) and some intentional:  I trimmed to 11" rather than 11.5" to allow for some shorter scraps, I left out the cornerstones that the original Scrapbasket pattern had in the sashing between blocks, and I omitted the wide patterned border in favour of more of the solid background fabric and a narrow border of my favourite fabric in the project, the aqua Farmdale blossoms.


I love the aqua Kona solid binding too.




And the back provides a nice quiet contrast to the front.



Time constraints demanded all over meandering FMQ...no fancy schmancy quilting on this one.



But I hope Ms. H likes it...here we go to give her her present...bye bye for now!


8 comments:

Jan Maree said...

what a lovely quilt - I am sure Miss H will love it! I would!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thank you, Cherry Red! Ms H did love it :) Yay!

Kim Brackett said...

I love what you did with this! It looks really different from the sample quilt, and so updated with the solid background fabric. Great job! I'm glad Ms. H loved it. She must be a really special teacher.

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thank you so much for the kind comment, Kim! I think I'll eventually make every pattern in your book -- they're so clever and addictive, they allow for lots of creative tinkering, and I feel like I'm learning something with each and every one. Thanks for a great book!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

It's beautiful! I'm not surprised Ms. H loved - what a lucky teacher!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thanks so much, Janine. I think Ms H was just touched that I had made something for her...and I *hope* the quilt is also to her taste. It's so hard to predict these things, and I do tend to torture myself, wondering, hoping that I have chosen appropriately for each recipient!

Annabella said...

Oh my goodness, what an absolutely fabulous quilt and beautiful present for your toddler`s teacher - made with such thought and attention. I love the block you used and the colours are lovely! I found you on the new bloggers thread at Lilys Quilts discussion group and very glad I did. I hope you gain lots of followers so that more people can see your lovely work. Happy blogging!

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Thank you soooo much, Annabella. Your comment made my day!!