Tuesday, April 12, 2011

yet another project: the wedding quilt

I have a to-do list for work -- e-mails to send, grading to do, meetings to prepare for, articles to read -- but I think I now need a sewing to-do list. I'm not going to beat myself up over this, since each and every project underway, nearly finished, or about to be started is fun in its own way. Here it goes:

TO FINISH
finish piecing:
Miss F's pink-and-green extravaganza
pin baste, quilt and bind:
orange string quilt
Bee (A Little Bit) Japanese quilt top
Dream On uneven stars [Sew Modern quilt top]
Frida's Neighborhood [Bee Scrappy quilt top]

PLANNED but not yet begun!
Negroni shirt(s) for MLH
reversible hooded jacket for Miss F
jeans for Miss F (the girl keeps growing!)
sundress for me
MPB Men's Jeans sewalong

Sewaholic Crescent Skirt sewalong


JUST STARTED
Lily's Quilts SAL: big dresden blocks

I have lots of grading to do today, but took a little time to cut 126 dresden leaf pieces for Lily's Quilts QAL. I am making a quilt for our friends M & T, who are getting married next month. I would have loved tackle a DWR (double wedding ring) quilt like the beauty made by my bee-buddy Kaelin, but I just won't have the time.

I know a DWR is in my future -- what a great challenge! -- but, nevertheless, I am very excited to be using my grey, black, white and blue fabrics for the giant dresden blocks in Lily's SAL!  (As I type this, I realize that I have been influenced by Kaelin's palette....)  Tally ho!

0 comments: