Monday, May 9, 2011

FINIS!

Hooray!  I finished the quilt for our friends who were married on Saturday!  I hope they enjoy it.



These GIANT blocks were from the quiltalong hosted by Lynne of Lilys Quilts.  They were great fun, although I did feel stressed at points about whether the whole thing would piece together nice and flat (it did, thankfully!) and since I decided to forego the quilt-as-you-go instructions I did have some interesting decisions to make about the quilting of such enormous circles.



Nevertheless, I'm particularly happy with the quilting on this one (a combination  of straight-line, free motion quilting, and stitching-in-the-ditch...the latter of which, I discovered, can be done well with my Horizon's Accufeed foot and a needle position of 0.2).  You can appreciate the quilting best from the back view...although you may need to squint a bit to see it in these photos.




Really, I like everything about this quilt -- the design, the fabrics, the quilting, the super-soft shot cotton binding.  I think it's the best quilt I've made so far -- but hopefully I'll get better (or at least learn something new) with each project.

0 comments: